Monday, October 30, 2006

OCD

I have a sitemeter on my blog, and I'm kind of obsessed with it. It allows you to see the city and state of those who click on your blog. For some reason, I am just facinated by it, and I try to figure out if I know the people or not. The trouble is, the listed location has more to do with the area in which one's internet provider is located, than where the person lives. For example: my brother and family live in Castaic, CA, but they come up as Santa Fe Springs, CA (which I've never heard of), and they used to come up as Los Angeles until last week. My computer at work is listed as Winchester, CA, which I also have never heard of, so I look at the list now and then and just wonder who the strange folks who enjoyed the dead bobcat are.

One listing, however, has been driving me bananas since day one. Bakersfield pops up every now and then. I went to high school there, so it is plausible that one of my fellow Drillers found my site, but why are they checking out all of my camp friends?

The other night my brother Jim called to check on the status of the local fire. He said that they were talking about it at work, and when he mentioned that I work at a camp in Idyllwild, the receptionist mentioned that her family often volunteered at such a camp. He asked if I knew anyone by the name of Sherry or Meghan, which I, of course, do. They are wonderful people who love camp and are always willing to give thier time and energy and candy and treats. Meghan is now in nursing school in Bakersfield, I know, I tried to talk her out of it, and I'm finally putting two and two together.

So, Meghan C......is that you?

4 comments:

lisa d said...

and no, i don't know how to spell your name.

Anonymous said...

You got it! The first name is correctly spelled and all. Meghan Christiansen. I enjoy reading all your posts. I just haven't ventured out and created my own blog yet. Maybe soon, and despite the smell first thing in the morning or when it is damp out Bakersfield is not all that bad. However I find myself back in Saugus quite often so that could be why I don't mind it here.

lisa d said...

i'm so glad to hear that you're doing well (and that i finally figured out the bako mystery)! Have you been eating tons of ice cream and taffy from dewar's? there and the beale library are the only two places i ever liked going in that hot, sticky town.

I can't wait to read your blog.

Cyn said...

Santa Fe Springs is near Paul and I, a little Northwest of Biola. I believe Paul and I show up as Whittier on your site though. =)