Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Trailblazing

Since local hikes are often requested by our guest groups here at Camp, it has been decided that creating at least one well marked and maintained trail should be on our list of projects. Josh and I set out today with a roll of florescent marking tape and a general idea of where we should go.



This project is especially exciting to me, since I am not affored much time to work outside of the kitchen. We do not have any groups booked from now until after Christmas, so this is my chance to get out (I am happier than I look in my giant bug glasses, trust me).



Our main grounds are really beautiful here at Camp, but climing over rocks, and under bushes brings you into a whole different scene.



Now that we have done some scouting, we can start clearing out debris and making our paths a bit more straight.I miss the beach something awful, but I could have done a lot worse in the way of its replacement.





1 comment:

Kelly Visel said...

This blog makes me miss Idyllwild like you wouldn't believe; I am now even more excited for Thanksgiving break.