Wednesday, December 20, 2006

This is why I have never claimed the town.



On my last visit to Frazier Park I was compelled, upon seeing this, to make a sudden u-turn and park for some camera time at the mini-mart which stands less than a mile from my Mom's house. It was in this same parking lot that hung, years ago, a sign reading
"...[so and so's] Pizza
Had a peice lately?"

The pizza sign prompted me to call from work and clue them in to their error. A few days later it read : "Had a slice lately?" I guess I'll never know whether they decided that they should use a different word completely in order to avoid talk of the off color double entendre, or if they just really didn't know how to spell piece.

(Disclaimer: I am no stranger to careless misspellings. I just think that when dealing with plank and paint for marketing purposes, one should have a proofreader.)

1 comment:

barefootkangaroo said...

I laughed. Is this the same business?