Monday, January 08, 2007

Roadblock

Thursday night, in Idyllwild, we had four hours of light rain followed by a dusting of snow, causing horrible road conditions on Friday. Sarah and the kids were on their way over to my place with coffee and scones Friday morning, but could not get up my heavily shaded street. Refusing to miss out on my hazelnut latte, I finished getting ready for work and headed out to the parking lot, hoping that the way down to camp, gravity on my side, would prove an easier drive. I did have to alter my route after sliding uneasliy backward in first gear, but I made it.

After a lot of visiting, a partial day's work, and two games of CATAN!, I headed out into the wind on the way to my car. I was silently scolding myself for staying out until 11p.m. on a night when the roads were so sketchy. I was so busy worrying and praying about my short trip home, that I nearly missed the tree that had fallen into Camp's driveway during the evening's windstorm.




I hopped out of the car thinking that I could MacGyver it out of my way. It proved to be much too heavy for me, and I had to call Josh for help, who hitched it to the flatbed, and hauled it off.




The icy roads gave me no trouble.

No comments: