Sunday, April 15, 2007

Maybe it's because of the snow,

...but I went a little crazy at church today. When we were passing the peace, and Dan introduced himself to me again, I said "hey Dan, it's nice to see you again." I waited for my face to register in his brain. Nothing. "I'm Lisa Richard, you know, from Camp Maranatha? We met at the conference in Big Bear, and then again at Camp two..weeks..ago? I've been coming to this church for eight months, people!"

I saw a few feeble blinks of recognition, then he introduced me to his wife...again.

5 comments:

barefootkangaroo said...

Maybe you should do something scandalous to get noticed.

sharon said...

Ahhh, welcome to my life. You'd think a tall, leggy, beautiful blond like you would definately register in a small town...

lisa d said...

so you get that too, huh?

oh well- it's on now. i'm working with the high-schoolers; i'll be at every crazy function they put on. they will know my name if i have to grab the mic during announcements and give 'em my life story. so there.

sharon said...

There's this guy here who refuses to remember me...
I lived here for a year and a half and have had dinner with this dude several times. We run in the same social group. Every time he forgets me, which is every time he sees me, I tease him about how we have known each other and he always forgets me...
So when I got back into town and he had ignored me again, I told him that EVERY time I see him I will say, "hi, (guy), I'm Sharon." And I did.

Finally, yesterday, he walked by me and said, "hi Sharon."

lisa d said...

so there's hope!