Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Evangelism Catalyst



On days when I don't abuse the snooze button, I walk to work. Part of me decided that driving to work when I am capable of walking is being a bad steward of the air, my car and gas money, and part of me just wants to fit back into my favorite jeans. I cross the paths of dog-walkers, gardeners, fitness partners and all sorts of others as I skirt the pavement and trespass lightly the front yards of my neighbors. There are some that are eager to chat about the weather, and some who avert their eyes, pretending to be lost in thought. Eventually the sum of the nods, smiles and 'good morning's will be:

"So where are you headed?"...

and I will answer: "On my way to work at Camp Maranatha."

"You don't say/ That's interesting/ What on earth is a maranatha?"

to which I will respond: "Did you ever go to church camp as a kid?"


No comments: