Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Uff Da!

Christine and company came over for lunch on Wednesday. There were eleven kids running, toddling and being carried all over the lake shore where they constructed a house/fort complete with a bean garden. My long lost cousin (it could be true)Suzanne came over to visit and discuss all things Norsk, you know, gjetost and lefse- the usual. She was disappointed that I don't know the language, but I was able to throw out a few bizarre phrases like: "what's that up in the sky?" She's only a quarter Norwegian, but she totally put me to shame by being fluent, and singing to the birthday girl Christine in our ancestral language complete with folk-dancing. I wish that I had thought to take video instead of pictures, but if your brain has that animation flip-book feature these stills will transport you to the land of the fjords.











Sarah loaned me her glasses for this twin shot. I look shockingly like my cousin Jill.

No comments: