Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The snow suddenly started to pile up on Sunday morning, so I frantically packed and bolted. What kind of aunt would I be if I allowed the snow to stop me from attending my nephew's fifth birthday party? Mom, don't freak out, I was going under 25 when I took these (yikes- I can feel her glare). I got out just before the roads got sketchy.








The house was packed to the gills, as Jen's friends keep having more and more children, the party grows a little every year. I couldn't get close enough to the piƱata to take any pictures, but we sure did enjoy the noise makers after everyone cleared out.






There was pizza galore, so Jen Made a post-party delivery to the neighbors.






I spent Sunday night and was around long enough on Monday for coffee and Polyphonic Spree chat with Jim and to teach Ethan the secret of the finger trap. I had been online all morning checking road conditions and worrying about not having chains the right size for my car. I left at about 1:30 trying to find them at a few stores in Upland on the way. When my first few stops were unsuccessful, I started to think that I'd chance it... until I noticed the sky toward Idyllwild.


I couldn't picture any automotive stores along the rest of my route because I don't usually notice those places. I was counting on Banning to be the kind of town in which a car parts store would be proudly and prominently freeway-visible.

Pay dirt!

I didn't need the chains after all, but I'm glad to have them for when I do. And all of that running around wasting time allowed for these views along the 243 (I pulled over and parked Ma!).

No comments: