Friday, February 01, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

we took the youth group to Chino for laser tag (I'm in there somewhere, really). I've only been once before, and the LaserStar in Oxnard was definitely not as impressive as this place which had two levels, tons of hiding places and mirrors on some walls that were the same size and shape as the cut-outs so that you sometimes ran away from or shot yourself. We were a group of twenty eight, and I ranked between ninth and fifteenth during our four games. It was a fun outing for a rainy day, and I was glad that I went until we got stuck in the snow on the way back to Idyllwild. I drove my car which hates all things winter. Mistake. There were plenty of people to help navigate by bossing me around...so that was good. A man from our church, who just happens to be a snowplow driver, to pulled up behind us and ended up driving my car the rest of the way up the hill. God provides! It wasn't fun listening to all the kids lecturing me about why I need a four-wheel drive vehicle, but at least it was after I schooled some of them with lasers.

No comments: