Friday, June 13, 2008

Here Are Our Best Fake Smiles


Although thoroughly exhausted (I was at least), we took the metro into Copenhagen during our layover to get Danishes, and just poke around a little. We stayed in this little square while we ate, then scoped out passers by, trying to decide who to ask to take our picture. I saw a couple taking turns posing in front of a statue and decided to offer to trade photography services. I asked if I could take their picture, and was happy to find that although they didn't speak English, my broken Spanish was sufficient. They led me far from the statue, so that they could find their brother to pose as well, and I finally had to stop them. "Uh...donde? Porque no tengo tiempo. Mi hermano y madre...are waiting over there. Adios- que tengas buenos dias!" (I have no idea how to actually spell any of that). I then returned to our little Danish square without our photographers. Then I found some Italian dudes to snap the shot.










No comments: