Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world."

One of our favorite groups, Kings Kamp, is here this week, and their theme is "Not Of This World". What does that mean for food service? Why cosmic, spacey food and a black-lit dining hall of course!







Because many celestial bodies are spherical, they requested that the food be...well...round. The menu was: Saturn's rings, asteroids, sun spots, solar rolls, space pebbles, Tang and sweet rockets (no Oxford comma here).


I feel the need to give Allrecipes.com a special shout-out tonight. I am constantly thrown into situations in which I need an immediate recipe- mostly due to my own crazy ideas/ poor planning, but we also get some pretty random requests. Allrecipes.com has bailed me out more times than I can count. It allows me to easily scale the recipe for two hundred servings, and none of them have turned out badly (my second and third batches of Turkish Delight for Teen Camp never set up, but the first batch was delicious). Holler!

1 comment:

Kelly Visel said...

Man I love kings camp, and you did a beautiful job with the astral bodies food.