Thursday, March 12, 2009

Forest Home


Last week we attended a "super sectional" conference at Forest Home in Forest Falls. Camp staff from both the Pacific- Southwest and the Sierra Pacific regions were in attendance for seminars, good fellowship, way too much food, and Albert Tate (of the unrelated Mississippi Tates) our fantastic speaker. It is really fun to be camper and never think about what is in the oven when, or who will do bathroom checks.

There is zero cell reception at Forest Home. It had been so long since I had used a payphone, that I felt the need to take a picture after I made my call. The guy in the booth next to me was distracted from his conversation as he could not help but laugh at the subject of my photography.


At every conference that I attend, I end up wishing that I had brought a backpack, so I finally remembered to take mine this year. What I didn't realize until the second day of toting around my infrequently used pack was that it held a disgusting piece of moldy cheese in one of its pockets from when I loaned it to Teen Campers for their day hike last summer. Ugh.


On Wednesday Sarah purchased "The Blob"- a giant doughnut filled with ice cream billed as "perfect for four, terrifying for one".



We gave it our best shot, but were one man short and could not finish it.



The tunnel under the highway






No comments: