Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A lot of last Thursday didn't go well. It poured during the food deliveries. I went up to my house for a shovel when Sysco arrived, as there was a pile of slushy snow on the loading dock that needed to be cleared. On the way back down to the kitchen I stepped in a hole, fell, tore my jeans a little and the skin on my knee a lot. With my furry snow boots filled with mud, I finished checking in the order. I went up to the house, changed, and washed the rubble from my bloodied knee. I went back down to the office- LL Cool J style- with one pant leg rolled up, to get a giant band aid. While still en route, I got a text from my dining hall moppers saying that they couldn't come because of the weather. I grumbled. Then my umbrella blew inside-out just as it began to hail. To my own surprise I yelled "OUT OF THE OVERFLOW OF A MAN'S HEART, HE SPEAKS!" which is a jumbled translation, but it made me smile and feel a bit less pathetic.


3 comments:

MomZup said...

I love your posts! And I want my verification word to be legit for scrabble!

lisa d said...

haha- it's been a slow scrabble day- you busy ladies, you. my verification is "buriers". do i win?

MomZup said...

You always win. . .no matter what! You are an absolute winner! I too am a sucker for packaging!