Tuesday, July 17, 2007

???



You may remember similar rants, and I probably shouldn't post this at all, but I have again been shown that I leave absolutely no impression on the general public, or even on those whom I see very frequently at work.

Her: "And you are?"

Me (mildly astounded): "Lisa."

Her: "And should I know you from somewhere?"

Me (completely flabbergasted): "Uh...yeah. I'm the food service director at Camp."

This would make more sense to me if it happened less often, or if I were more common in stature or coloring. But I'm 5'10'' barefoot and have the blondest hair this side of the Hjorundfjord .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know and love you Lisa! Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hjorundfjord. . .hmmmm. . .so picturesque! You do look vaguely familiar. . .

lisa d said...

i like a certain degree of anonimity, but it's just weird that there is so often no glimmer of recognition behind eyes that i've seen so many times.

ahh, hjorundfjord...wish i could have figured out the code for typing the crossed-out 'o'!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just a desperate attempt to make a second first impression? I could see people wanting to do that.

lisa d said...

hmmm. maybe i'll get on board with that.

john, when are YOU starting a blog? waiting until you get your iphone?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll start a blog of my own until I have better access to the internet and a far more interesting life. I know I can get one for $49.95 a month:) I love the idea of an i-phone by the way - they're very neat.