Friday, June 29, 2007

Camp Dunamis...



...( aka danger camp) has come and gone. They are a very fun group known as much for their love for God and kids as their crazy activities. I should have taken pictures of the inflatable maze, bungee run, adult-sized tricycles, zip line and snow cone machine, but at least I got this great orange punch shot on barbecue day! We had one major collision during week one's capture the flag, but most campers went home unscathed physically, and hopefully, stretched and deepened spiritually. This group's number has outgrown our facility, but instead of changing locations, they have split into two weeks of camp in order to stay here. Much of their leadership stays for the full two week session, which is very cool because usually during the summer the end of the week is when you feel like you have gotten to know a few new people, and then they leave. After twenty six meals though, they feel like family.




1 comment:

Cameo said...

I love Dunamis, they were my favorite group. Gang-it!! Reading your blog is making miss camp and staff and Idy and Cali! Why did I decide to become a world traveler? I should have just stayed in my safe comfort zone of the fabulous Camp Maranatha!