Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Introducing...Lisa Richard, Youth-Slave!



At our last Christian Camping Sectional Conference, I attended a seminar geared toward twenty-somethings in ministry. The speaker was awesome (how twenty-something of me to say) and he talked a lot about Paul's relationship with Timothy and how people our age are often wise enough to listen to our Pauls, but neglect to seek out Timothys of our own. He did so, of course, much more eloquently than I've so far lead you to believe. At one point during his message he asked for a show of hands from those who have a million things to do without enough time to do them. I was the only person in the room whose arms stayed planted on the armrests. A-ha! I'm lazy.
So, after some prayer for direction and a meeting with the youth pastor last spring, I am now completely buried (or another word with a happier connotation) in youth group functions. I've had twelve already this month, including the 30-hour famine sleepover extravaganza. It didn't take them long become savvy to my grossly uncluttered calendar. I had to laugh yesterday after Keith commented a second time how fast I was "keyed in" at the church. Some people are even beginning to recognize me (couldn't resist)!
Why do I tell this story? Mostly because my collection of recent pictures have all been taken at youth group events and I feel weird about posting the kids' pictures without parental consent. The highlights though, include some pretty good throwing-homemade-pizza-dough-in-the-air shots. So, here's a picture taken by the kids.

No comments: