Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ipod Nation



Disclaimer: Kelly- I am completely addicted to your cd mixes, and am in no way speaking poorly of them in the following post.

One of my favorite things to do as a music fan is sit down with a cd and fully claim it by listening to it from start to finish, liner notes in-hand. As a teenager I was in a cd-buying club, and spent tons of time pouring over the contents of those little brown boxes that so often appeared in box 274. And although I do own an ipod shuffle (that I don't know how to load or recharge without my brother's help- it is currently juiceless and useless) hearing the music alone, for me, does not match hearing it holding the band in my hands.

Dave got me an Arcade Fire cd for my birthday last May, and I immediately put it into my car's changer where it stayed and played until I took it inside the other night to really make it mine. I wonder how much longer it would have taken me to realize how much of it is in Frenglish had I left it in the car.

2 comments:

Kelly Visel said...

No offense taken. I too enjoy full length CDs, the mixes are because I have to other way to present a broad range of new artists concisely. They're like a day of Costco sampling; not a real meal, but a good taste of each item.

lisa d said...

well struck!