Thursday, May 28, 2009

No More Zucchini Without Gloves


I had a green thumb during USC Intervarsity, but not the good kind. I only cut twelve zucchinis, but my fingers went crazy. They turned silvery green, puffed and crackled. It felt like I had a layer of super glue on my skin. I washed my hands several times, and when that didn't help, I promptly called my mother to tell her that I'm allergic to zucchini and that she should never have forced me to eat it for all of those years. I found some Benadryl cream in the office that had only been expired since 2005 (not bad), and wore a glove for the rest of dinner prep. It had cleared up by the time I went bed, but now I have an excuse for not liking it.


1 comment:

Paul Travis said...

Lisa, I can't remember if I had created my group the last time I looked into this issue so let me make sure I didn't let your self-identification fall through the cracks.

I started 3Firsts to let people who share your relatively unique trait of having three first names connect with one another.

This comes from a divine hit that we are meant to come together and serve a higher purpose.

Please join and pass it on!

Blessings,
Paul