Thursday, December 03, 2009

From Dining Halls To Banquets And Balls


Welcome to your virtual tour of the oh-so-swank Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs. One of my favorite things about these conferences is watching camp people try to blend in at a luxury hotel and act like they're really not impressed by each of its niceties. It's also pretty entertaining watching them (well, us) open doors for Broadmoor employees and wipe down the counters in the restroom.



This is the best bed ever. I am now in the market for a two inch down mattress topper.











We camping folk only booked four days and three nights, but I took four showers and two baths in that time.





















Keith and I both wondered just how grand their ballroom was. He went over to sneak a peek, but was shooed away by the sounds of the wedding being held inside.









I'm not sure how this fits into their decorating scheme.



Many, many, many famous people have stayed at the Broadmoor.



You should have come Josh!





It was really nice whenever the sun was out, even with the bit of snow that fell, but it was a painfully cold 16 degrees the day we left.



It always takes me two or three days to get used to chitchatting with everyone with whom I make eye contact. I get the hang of it just in time to garner some strange looks at LAX.



I'm Lisa Richard. I carry a badge.

No comments: