Friday, December 18, 2009

Palm


I'm not sure if I should blame the wild stitching on my first few panels on this bumpy fabric or my lack of skills. Okay, I am sure. I should have practiced on an old t-shirt or something.


My second filling of the bobbin took about a minute and a half. I was relieved because the first filing of the bobbin took three days.


I finally produced an even stitch.


My pinning area


The blur of concentration


So, apparently, spools of thread do run out. The handful housed in my grandmother's old sewing basket have lasted for many years of mending.


Tree trunks





9 comments:

sarah said...

They look great!!!

jen said...

Very nice!! I am impressed, although I always knew you could do it. You are practicaly prefect in every way! :)

ray-chill said...

Woooow. Good job Lisa! :)

MomZup said...

Oh, my goodness. . .I didn't think I could love you more! Your sewing machine looks just like mine. I could have helped you with the bobbin filling! Absolutely fantastic job!!!!

Joel Tom Tate said...

Wow!! Joel and i are quite impressed. Good job!

Sherry said...

AWESOME! They look so cool. You can sew all the camp curtains from now on.

john tate said...

I'll add my voice to the chorus - this is spectacular work here Lisa! I wonder if you would do all this for the church, though, if the two of you weren't dating but in a committed relationship?:)

lisa d said...

thanks guys, but don't be too impressed. i didn't design them, my only role was to make the fabric stick together.

and john, you're totally right. if only i had signed ibc's constitution... then maybe i would have painted the backdrops as well.

al'xae said...

Aw, they look lovely! Sorry I couldn't be there to help.